Monday, November 12, 2007

Sigmore Mines 2 or Sigmore Mines Upgrade

Lately I was thinking about something. Is it better to write Sigmore Mines 2, from scratch or maybe I should concentrate on upgrading Sigmore Mines? With SM I already have graphics, working gameplay, and I could only concentrate on improvements. With SM2 I could implement new gameplay ideas (I don't know if they will be better or not), but I will need to make new sprites, new everything.. Also the difference is that with SM1 I could implement new feature and upload it instantly so people can enjoy it. With SM2 you will have to wait until I would release final version. So I'm asking myself (and you SM1 players) what I want.. Do I want to work on a new but very similar game, or I would rather expand existing one?

10 comments:

Slayer Gothpaladin said...

Hm...I would give you the second idea; to create S.M. 2 like an expansion pack with the same graphics but with new monsters, new spells, new blocking shields from Diablo 2...and bosses per 10 level. These are my ideas, may these help you in the choose of these ideas!

Slayer Gothpaladin said...

And it would be good if you would read these comments from me and Uthar, beacuse I haven't seen that you could write any answers to our comments!

Kamil said...

Yup this is another approach I haven't considered. Thanks. As for not commenting : what are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

Kamil - I'd buy either one and/or both, but if I had to choose I wouldn't mind waiting for the final version of SM2. I just started playing SM1 again a few days ago and am happy with it. Keep up the good work! Hope you get back around to GAWIN some day :)

Kamil said...

Well my problem in SM2 is about graphics, I'm not artist and I'm struggling to make a good sprites of floors, walls and whatever. In SM1 I have things already done:). As for GAWIN I need to regain faith in this project.. It would be something big and maybe to complex for one person to complete. Some time ago I was thinking if maybe I should remade it in 2D.. Anyway GAWIN might gain bigger fan base then SM..

Slayer Gothpaladin said...

No, the graphics should not be absolutely new, maximum just some new features, monsters...like an expansion of S.M. 1. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with slayer. I'd rather see new features and monsters before new graphics.

Kamil said...

Acknowledge ;). Features first, graphics second ;).

Slayer Gothpaladin said...

Yes, sure, absolutely ;-)

Anonymous said...

hi kamil, i´m rodrigo, and i write to you to congratulations for sigmore mines game... i spend a lot of time playing with it, and i try to buy it... but there´s a problem, i live in argentina and make a paypal account (the easiest way to pay you, i think...) it´s impossible... i want to contact you and try to find a solution for my problem. my e-mail is rodrix.x@hotmail.com, if you can write me soon i will be happy :)
thanks for you time to read this and for you game.