Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dwarfs King : Idea

In my previous post I told you that I will introduce my new game a bit more. So, here is some info:

Dwarfs King
This is working title of my game. Actually if someone can came up with better name, I would be grateful.

Idea :
The idea is a mix between Evil Genius game(or Dungeon Keeper), Settlers and a bit of Majesty. Basically you are the king of dwarfs, you build your kingdom inside a mountain (Think of Tolkien's Moria), taking care of your subjects. You need to gather resources and maintain economy of your kingdom, while fighting with thieves or demons from the depth.
Your subjects are autonomic just like in Majesty. You can assign them professions but they will decide if it is time to work or to go to eat something (every unit has it's needs : hunger, rest etc).

What's already done :
As I said in previous post, I'm more concentrating on gameplay mechanics then graphics, so all graphics now are placeholders. I already have map of the dungeon displayed on screen. Worker unit which can find automatically it's way from point A to point B in the dungeon. Building of corridors is also implemented. Simple resource system is also there. Right now I'm working on simple unit's needs system. It would be nice someone could instruct me how to make a video from my app and send it to youtube. You would be able to see what I'm talking about now:).

No comments: