Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mind mapping software

Recently I was in need of a way to visualize my brainstorming ideas. The easiest method to do this - pen and paper - was a "no no" for me. Mostly due to my handwriting style. I write in such a way that after few days I can't read myself.. Besides I want to be able to freely edit my notes while maintaining tidy message, uncluttered by crossings-out. Software such as Word, or basic Notepad is good for making notes, but lacks in the field of visualization. I searched the web and stumbled upon this gem : Cayra. It's free mind mapping software for windows. Just go to Cayra's page and look at the screencasts to see what it can do. Pretty nice software don't you think?


Another thing I wanted to write about is that I have received my first sale confirmation by SoftCartPro system. I did not get any complains from that customer, so it looks like everything is working fine :-). Good.

2 comments:

Stani said...

I've used FreeMind before, but Cayra looks better, with all those colors and shapes. Having said that, these days I mostly use Personal Brain. The free edition is plenty powerful, and Brain has the advantage of an animated view. It's not really possible to see everything at once, however.

At the end of the day, I still love the unlimited creativity possible with traditional pen and paper, so my programming projects end up with a thick folder of handwritten materials that take ages to sort through - and to read, since my handwriting is also terrible.

Oh, and congrats on your sale :)

Kamil said...

I've also tried Personal Brain. I don't know why I decided to not use it. Maybe because of Cayra's sexy colors ;)

To be honest, I also can't avoid traditional paper, although I want to..