Saturday, June 28, 2008

New game mechanics

I the next few lines I will try to explain what is on my mind lately, so.. please bear with me :)

Sigmore Mines 1 had standard Diablo like game mechanics. You were warrior or whatever and your class was unchangeable during the whole game. Also all your stats could be increased while you level up.

In Sigmore Mines 2 I was thinking of changing this a bit.. What if your character class is defined by your actions? Let suppose that you have 3 attributes which you can't change directly by assigning level up point's to them, but rather by you actions in game. These attributes are (I need a good names) : melle attack proficiency, magic power, distance attack proficiency and they are from 1 to 100. Now, every time you use a close combat weapon, your melle attack proficiency increases while other two decreases at the same time. At this point if you add to weapons and spells statistics a minimum proficiency value, we will got a system which automaticaly balances itself. If you only will use magic you will be great magican but poor warior, if you use magic and weapns you will be medicore warrior and medicore magican.. I would like to have also a few stats which can be increased on level up and a set of skills which player can have and upgrade.

4 comments:

Slayer Gothpaladin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Slayer Gothpaladin said...

Well, I give you another idea for SM2 to be more closer to Diablo 2: the stamina level! I think you (the player) could have more steps than 1 in 1 turn, but it could need stamina. You should regenerate its level when you are doing nothing in you turn (rest menu - regenerate stamina and life (1hp / 5 turns, 1 stamina / 2 turns))! At starting, you could have no stamina level, then by upgrading to LVL2, you could give LVL points to your stamina too near your meelee / ranged attacks, energy (mana), and life.

What do you say to this? Could it be good? And I have a question: may I and some others whoare posting here be able to join your blog and write posts with ideas or news or something like these? If yes, then send me an invitation to my e-mail address!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea. I have always liked this way of xp in games, and not the D&D/FF way. But you should not decrese as fast as you increase. Or rater you should decrease over time but in total you should be able to be a bit better and better.

Slayer Gothpaladin said...

(I'm) Not understood your idea Zuul...