Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First magic spell implemented!

I finally implemented first magic spell in my game.. It took me some time, because I didn't neither have time nor the idea how to implement it properly (and I still don't know if I did it right..). But anyway here I am with my healing spell. When user presses 3, spell menu shows up with spells divided into such categories as: attack spells, defense spells, other spells. From this menu the player can cast a spell, view it's description or bind a spell to the speed cast key (9).

There are some minor differences compared to Sigmore Mines 1:
  • Now spells have something like rest time needed after use -> if you will have to wait 4 turns after casting healing spell you will rather not be using it in battles do you?.
  • Spells have levels, but you will be not able to level up a spell just by using it. Instead you can buy(or find) spell books to learn a spell on the desired level. That way I have more control over magic balance.

One more thing. There is a slight chance that I have found a person who could help me on graphics:). I told her to try her skills at drawing effects for the casted spells. I'm curious what will come up from this. Time will show. See you till next post.

No comments: