Thursday, August 14, 2008

New spells

I'm still working on spells for my game. Right now I have eight of them :
  1. Fireball - makes fire damage on a single target
  2. Frozenball - makes cold damage on a single target, also stuns target for a few turns
  3. Poison spell - for a few turns target is receiving poison damage
  4. Kindling spell - for a few turns target is receiving fire damage ( I don't know if this name is okay.. I just don't feel that "sets on fire spell" sounds good)
  5. Probe spell - gives information about the target
  6. Attack rating boost spell - for a few turns caster is receiving attack rating bonus
  7. Defense rating boost spell - for a few turns caster is receiving defense rating bonus
  8. Healing spell - heals the caster. I'm a bit concerned about this spell, I remember someone said that SM1 was hard before introduction healing spell and too easy with it.. Maybe I should remove this spell or allow it only with easy difficulty setting.
From comments on my blog I try to implement also :
  1. Spell converting healing potions to mana potions
  2. Spell which reveal the map
  3. Townportal - it's already implemented as a scroll, I have a concerns that making it a spell which is available for the player at any time will make game to easy (the same as with healing spell)
Spells from my ideas but I don't know if I will add them soon - they need friendly AI.. :
  1. Charm monster
  2. Summon monster
  3. Identification spell
Also some ideas from the readers are already in the game (Benoît's mostly).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Świetna gierka się zapowiada! Brawo!

Slayer Gothpaladin said...

Uhh...in English, if possible, unknown polish (?) person...!