Friday, February 8, 2008

Sigmore Mines 2 : What I have..again.

I've designed a system which should work (it works on paper right now) :

Player have :
  • Strength : affects damage in close combat and carry weight
  • Dexterity : affects attack rating (chance to hit monster)
  • Swiftness : affects defense rating (chance to dodge monster's attack)
  • Ingenuity : affects attack and defense rating in a minor way and increases chance of finding traps, secret passages, etc.
  • Vitality : affects hit points
  • Magic : affects mana points
As for monsters I'm still pondering if they should have this stats like player have, or just constant attack and defense ratting with regard to the monster class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you researched any of the "formulas" used in games like Diablo, WoW, etc. for determining damage, to-hit, etc.? I'm not familiar with them, but I know they exist.

Kamil said...

Yeah I've made a search on the net. I didn't find much, but this what I found helped me a bit :)