Friday, November 21, 2008

A new baby ;)

I have become a proud owner of Toshiba Portege G810 :) and it means that, I will probably also focus a bit on the touch screen support for Sigmore Mines 2.

What can I say about the device? It's niffty little thing, 400MHz CPU, 128MB Ram, Windows Mobile 6.1, GPS and GSM Telephone, WIFI, FM Radio. I'm still playing with it (or on it.. look for "pocket ufo" in google :) ). I can't wait to finish SM2 and start developing for Windows Mobile platform :). Upgraded with Opera and TCPMP (video player with ability to play DivX and Xvid movies) it becames trully multimedia gadged :).

3 comments:

Stani said...

Those backlit buttons on the front certainly look cool. Is that a proper touch screen or does it need a stylus?

What are you gonna use to program for it? I understand there are some open-source Java VM's for Windows Mobile, but there is no native VM (ie rubberstamped by Microsoft) for Java, is there?

Kamil said...

It is normal touch screen, you can use fingers if you like (Toshiba UI wrapping Windows Mobile UI is designed for finger) but there is also stylus provided for better precision.

There is Java VM installed on it (Midp 2.0 CLDC 1.1) so my games work out of the box (the same situation was with my dad's asus p526). But I want to write native PocketPC appications and that means C++ (or C#).

Kamil said...

The Java VM on it is called "JBlend".