Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sigmore Mines 2 - Do you have a key?

It's time to another "what's have been done" post. Well, I have done all the implementation part of my master thesis :), now it awaits for supervisor's approval. Ok, I know this was not something what you were waiting for ;). Okey here is my recent changes in Sigmore Mines 2 :

  • Treasure chests - the ones which needs keys and the ones which don't
  • Locked doors - all locked doors need keys ;)
  • Fixed the way how hitpoints were calculated while adding vitality points
  • Listing of prices next to item names in shops
  • You are not able to gamble before first level up (else you could gamble and restart until you get a lot of gold)
  • Healing in camp should is much cheaper (just balancing issues)
  • I've implemented internal level analyst - thanks to it I will at some point implement secret rooms :)

And offtopic - Google is slowly starting to like my website. Hurray ;)

7 comments:

Woody said...

Speaking of keys... :)

Will holders of purchased versions of SM1 get a deal on SM2? :) Looking forward to it either way. One other idea: Allow the character to be backed up and/or restored via network or such for phones that can't updated java apps without nuking your character! :) (Yes, my cell has this issue.)

Kamil said...

SM1 users are probably the only people willing to purchase SM2 :D Feed the developer please! ;)

As for your idea. Maybe I could use bluetooth to send data to and from computer.. but you need bluetooth in your phone and in your computer. Does it suits you? Sending data via network would require server dedicated just for save games, so it's not an option (I think..or is it?).

Woody said...

LOL :) True about being the same customer base. Sure it will be worth buying!

As for character save, using Bluetooth or internet connect would be great. Maybe put a mini-FTP capability in to put/get a character, theres lots of free FTP file stores out there, like www.easy-share.com.

Many nokia impliment file storage as a sub-item inside the sandbox of the game, so if you replace the jar it nukes the sub-fs too.

I'm sure the data for a character is small. Maybe even showing a large number on screen and allowing one to key it in to the next version would work. Yes, painful, but I'd rather type 80 characters on my phone to get my character back than have to start again after every upgrade. :)

Kamil said...

You know, this mini ftp stuff may actually work:) I will definitely take a look at it later :). Right now I don't even have save game implemented in SM2 :D.

Anonymous said...

This game is awesome. I like it a lot and it is very addicting. Is there any way to use the trackball instead of the numbers though? I liked using the trackball in #1

Anonymous said...

awsome game... i even decompile the game just to get he code

Anonymous said...

awsome game... i even decompile the game just to get he code